If you are a neat and tidy house owner, a tiny spot or stain on your glass objects can be very annoying for you, right? Water spots are one of the most noticeable taints that everyone mentions.
If your shower door is made of glass, it always creates cohesion with water. Water leaves minerals on glass after staying a bit and that makes stains on glasses.
As a sensible owner, you do not want haziness or spots on your glass shower door, right? Thus, you have to learn how to keep water spots off glass shower doors.
See More: Check out the most essential Review for Bamboo Floor Cleaner.
How Will you Recognise Water Spots on Glass Doors?
Spot on the glass shower doors is a very common problem among people. When you go to take a shower and notice that your glass door is a bit cloudy or blurred, and there are small white marks on it, you will know that they are spots by hard water.
Some of them are rigid that you can not clean them with plain water. Sometimes water spots on glass doors become so stubborn, they can not be cleaned by detergent or normal glass cleaner too. So it is important to know how to keep those water spots off glass shower doors.
Why do This Happen?
Water contains metallic ions like calcium and magnesium. These are called minerals. When those ions/minerals constantly come across glass or other metal objects and stay for a bit long, they leave spot over time.
When water spreads over the glass, it contains minerals. After the water evaporates, it leaves minerals on the glass as a deposit. It is also called the limescale or mineral build-up.
Effects of the Stains on Glass Shower Doors
The way the other glasses get water stained, your glass shower door gets them in the same way- “By the left-over minerals”. But how they damage your glass doors is the fact you need to know.
Water spots make the doors look dirty and oddest. The spots gradually become deep and create layers over them if you do not take any steps to clean them. When the spots become hard and stippling, it is very tough to clean them.
So, you must clean your glass doors immediately after noticing the cloudy hazes on them. Make sure you also check our blog for How to Remove Hard Water Stains from Metal.
How to Keep Water Spots Off Glass Shower Doors
If you want to keep water spots off glass shower doors, you have to take preventive measures seriously. Like, you have to be cautious and attentive while using the shower doors. You have to clean your doors everyday if you can.
To perform this cleaning process, I will now suggest some of the remedies. Check out the most essential Blog for How to Remove Stain from Glass Windows.
As the spots are caused by hard water and the well concentration of Magnesium and Calcium into it, you can use anti-ionic compound like acetone. It is also used as nail polish remover.
- Swab the glass shower door with acetone
- Scrub gently with a sponge or damp cloth
- Use a mild detergent to clean it properly afterwards.
- Let the door become fully dry and after that witness the shine like before.
Vinegar is called the miracle of nature. It is one of the most recommended home remedy for cleaning water spots off glass shower doors.
- Spray or pour plain distilled white vinegar onto the door.
- You can also soak the glass door in plain vinegar
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Clean it with a clean damp cloth.
Water with Vinegar
- Take a spray bottle and pour the plain distilled vinegar and water at the ratio of 1:4.
- Mix the solution well.
- Spray on the glass shower door thoroughly. Make sure you don’t skip a corner of it, where the spots are.
- Give the solution to do its magic for a minute or two. Let the door become dry.
- Re-spray the solution after drying out. Then take a small cloth or towel and wet it with the vinegar-water solution.
- Blot and scrub the door with the cloth with a little power of hands. The spots will be gone afterwards.
- Let the clean door dry for now and see a clean door with content.
Lemon contains citric acid (C6H8O7) which is very effective for cleaning the water stains.
- Cut lemons into half and rub them on your door surface.
- Try to give fair amount of pressure over the spots while you are rubbing. Natural acidity works very well on the water spots.
- After that, apply normal glass cleaner and remove the lemon extract from the doors. Wipe the glass door very swiftly with a paper towel or newspaper for the perfect shine.
Another home remedy is baking soda. It is very popular formula for removing water spots from glass.
- Take some baking soda and plain water. Mix them together and make a pest. Make the pest a little sleazy so that you can apply it using a cloth.
- Take a clean dry cloth, dip it into the pest and scrub the door with the cloth. Blot it until you can see the spots vanishing from the door.
- Use water to rinse the door cleanly. Then you can give a final touch with using the glass cleaner on it.
- Let the door dry to see the new perfect shine of it. The effective base formula of NaHCO3 works on the minerals very well and make the glass shiny.
Your glass shower doors can be cleaned by rubbing alcohol.
- Take Rubbing alcohol and water at 1:4 ratio
- Mix them together and rub it onto the surface of the door.
- Rinse the door with water and let it dry.
Alcohol fights well with the hard water spots.
The way you used alcohol, you can use ammonia too in the same way. Ammonia is also very effective on water stains.
Mix some normal detergent with water. Take a sponge and pour some mixture on it. Scour your glass shower door very well. Hopefully the mild stains will be removed by it.
Things You Need to Know
- Always use newspaper for drying the glass after rinsing with water. Newspaper doesn’t leave any stain on mark on glasses.
- Always apply the cleansing compound all over the door, not on the exact spots only, that will make your glass shower door shine equally ll over.
- Do not use dirty cloths. It will increase your work rather than cleaning them.
- Keep spraying and rubbing until you are content with your clean glass shower doors.
- Dry your shower door properly to witness the cleanliness. You can use the charging fans or the exhaust fans of your bathroom for that.
- Always use diluted vinegar to clean your house glass shower doors.
- When you are using acid or other chemicals, don’t forget to wear thick gloves and a glass for the eye protection.
HOW TO REMOVE HARD WATER STAINS || SHOWER DOORS
Spots on glass shower doors are the most common of all household miseries. If you have a household cleaning routine, doing your glass doors must be in the weekly department. Now you know well, how to keep water spots off glass shower doors. It is time to apply the method in your house and get glossy shower door as new as before.
Meet Amy Catherine, our expert on all things related to home cleaning and improvement here at Cleaners Array.
With over 10 years of experience in the industry, Amy is a passionate advocate for creating clean and organized living spaces that promote happiness and well-being. She has worked in various roles, from a professional house cleaner to a home decor specialist, and has a deep understanding of the importance of a well-maintained home.
As a writer and editor for Cleaners Array, Amy’s mission is to share her knowledge and expertise with our readers. Her writing covers a wide range of topics, including cleaning tips and hacks, organizing techniques, home decor, and DIY home improvement projects.
We are fortunate to have Amy as a member of our team here at Cleaners Array. Her passion and expertise are invaluable assets to our mission of providing high-quality content and resources to our readers.